Thursday 6 November 2014

Pick your own strawberries in Bullsbrook, Perth

Ever wonder where to experience picking fruits in Perth, Australia? Well, wonder no more...

We are going to pick strawberries! It is the strawberry farm at 263 Old West Rd, Bullsbrook, which is around 120km north of Mandurah, or 50km northeast of Perth city.

PYO - Pick your own, not BYO :)
We depart from our house early in the morning. When we arrive at the farm, there are a few other families there ready to pick strawberries.


Daddy carries me to the man who looks after the farm and we choose the large tray to pick strawberries. It cost $10 for a tray for around 10kg. Alternatively you can get 2 plastic punnets for $5 (which hold about 2kg of strawberries).


Daddy, mummy and I rush through the sandy path and start picking strawberries. We enjoy eating the strawberries as well, they are big, fresh, sweet and juicy. I love the overall experience except for the flies that keep disturbing me :) And remember to slip slop slap your sunscreen.


After all the hard yakka (yet fun), we are able to harvest more than 10kg of strawberries! Mummy is thinking of making strawberry jam so if you would like to know how to make strawberry jam, watch this space :)

Quality control - pass!
Did you realize that I'm wearing strawberry shirt too?
I can make my strawberry float!
My strawberry and strawberry shirt are one!
Look at the fruits of our labour...
And lots & lots of strawberries...
But I have a feeling that I might get sick of eating strawberries soon...

Lots & lots of strawberries love,
BIM

P/S: Remember to bring plastic bags to divide and conquer :)

1 comment:

  1. I’m not that much of a online reader to be honest but your blogs really nice, keep it up! I'll go ahead and bookmark your site to come back later. All the best facebook.com login

    ReplyDelete