Wednesday 18 December 2013

Mistle-toes for Christmas



Wednesday is my favourite day because we are going for Rhyme Time at the library.

We woke up early in the morning, I had watermelon and crackers, while mummy had her milk tea and banana muffin. Yummy!




We reached Mandurah Library slightly early as mummy could find empty car space easily. At the children area (my best-loved spot), I met with a handsome baby D and it's his first time at Rhyme Time.

the dynamic baby D!


At 10am sharp the lovely library officer Michelle came and greet us. I noticed she was different today - she wore a funny Christmas headbands! Mummy and I sang some familiar rhymes together with other baby friends&mummies, and then we learned some new Christmas Rhymes. Let me share some Christmas rhymes with you, they are simple and easy. Follow me!

We love Rhyme Time!
I'm a Little Santa
I'm a little Santa short and fat
Here is my beard and here is my sack
On Christmas Eve, I hop on my sleigh
With a ho, ho, ho, I'm on my way

I'm a Little Snowman
I'm a little snowman short and fat
Here is my scarf, here is my hat
When I'm in the sun all day, then I shout
Help, or I am going to melt....

(sing both the above rhymes using "I'm a little teapot" rhythm)

Here is a Chimney
Here is a chimney
Here is the top
Open the lid
And out Santa will pop

(this is an interesting one, first hold your thumb inside your fist, then put the other hand on the fist as the top, open the lid,  and raise up your thumb i.e "good sign" when Santa pops up)



tickle tickle tickle!
Next, we had a chance to do footprint in conjunction with Christmas celebration, hooray!
It was ticklish when the paint was brushed on to my feet. Then mummy printed my right footprint on a card. A 'Mistle-toes' card was created, it was awesome!





I think this would be the last Rhyme Time session in the library this year as the library officers handed mummy a note. Well, I'm sure mummy and I will come back to Rhyme Time next year.







We went home after saying goodbyes to all my friends. On our way home I was so exhausted that I slept like a log. In my dream, I gave my 'Mistle-toes' Christmas card to Jesus as we are celebrating His birthday soon. I love you Jesus.




For unto us a Child is born,
Unto us a Son is given;
And the government will be upon His shoulder.
And His name will be called
Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. (
Isaiah 9:6)





No comments:

Post a Comment